[Scummvm-devel] Endian problem with Atlantis

Michael Pearce chuzwuzza at optushome.com.au
Fri Jul 12 19:53:02 CEST 2002

On Fri, 12 Jul 2002 21:24:28 +0200
Soeren Gust <sgust at ithh.infoserv.de> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 09:11:51PM +0200, Max Horn wrote:
> > At 18:55 Uhr +0200 12.07.2002, Soeren Gust wrote:
> > >The problem is that the costume data are stored different in the Amiga
> > >games, they are rotated 90 degrees. Instead of drawing them column by
> > >column they have to be drawn line by line. I have noticed that on the
> > >Amiga version of Monkey Island 2. I had fixed one of the costume drawing
> > >routines (proc6, the easiest), but gave up after seeing the other ones,
> > >I am not very good at programming.
> > >

> > Ah! I guess that's no in CVS, though, right?
>
> No, I don't have write access and I currently have no access to my changes,
> they are at a different location.
>
> > It shouldn't be too hard to change the other proc methods as
> > required. Would it be acceptable if all of this was steered by the
> > "-a" (Amiga) flag as well? If yes I could just code it in now, and
> > somebody who owns the Amiga version can try the change then.
>
> Steering it by the Amiga flag may break other Amiga games, all I have for
> Amiga is MI2. Perhaps there is a flag in one of the headers.  If you code
> the changes I am willing to test them.
>
> And while we are talking about the Amiga versions: How are the chances for
> sound support in Amiga games? AFAIK the sound is stored as midi files under
> a different name, but the instruments are stored in amigaXX.ims files.
>
> Soeren

Soeren, If memory serves me correctly, amiga music is in the format of modules. It has no midi support (without a midi adapter). If you don't know about modules, they are somewhat like midi files, but contain the instrument sound files within them (or in a separate file) and play those. Like a sort of sampling machine. I know that Monkey Island 1 used the TFMX module format, but I have no idea about the other games. There are about a bazillion different module formats for the amiga, and some games even wrote their own custom format.
I'm not so sure it would be a simple matter of changing the music code to read the amiga music files.

--Michael Pearce