[Scummvm-devel] Endian problem with Atlantis

Fredrick Meunier fredm at spamcop.net
Sat Jul 13 06:40:05 CEST 2002

Michael Pearce wrote:
> Soeren, If memory serves me correctly, amiga music is in the format of
 > modules. It has no midi support (without a midi adapter). If you don't
 > know about modules, they are somewhat like midi files, but contain the
 > instrument sound files within them (or in a separate file) and play
 > those. Like a sort of sampling machine. I know that Monkey Island 1
 > used the TFMX module format, but I have no idea about the other games.
 > There are about a bazillion different module formats for the amiga, and
 > some games even wrote their own custom format.
> I'm not so sure it would be a simple matter of changing the music code
 > to read the amiga music files.

The music on Amiga Atlantis seems to work fine, though there a few of
these messages on the console while the game is playing:
WARNING: SE::start_sound failed: Couldn't find MDhd!
WARNING: SE::start_sound failed: Couldn't find MDhd!

As far as steering by the amiga flag goes, we know that both MI2 and
Atlantis have graphics mangled the same way - maybe if the amiga flag
does steer the decoding, but with an override?

I am happy to test any patches with the amiga version of atlantis.

Fred