[Scummvm-devel] scummvm-tools package?

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Tue Dec 21 14:40:03 CET 2004

Am 21.12.2004 um 20:32 schrieb Andreas Bierfert:

> Willem Jan Palenstijn wrote:
[...]
>> A final, hopefully easier question:
>> Which tools should be packaged? I'm guessing the 'convbdf' and
>> 'md5table' tools are for internal use only and wouldn't be useful to
>> have in a scummvm-tools rpm. What about the others?
>
> Well why not package all? I don't actually know what these tools do
> (looking from this at a scummvm user pov) but an extra package would
> be no trouble like scummvm-tools-devel or so?

Well, Willem is right: those tools are purely for internal use. You
can't do anything useful with them unless you are working on the source
of ScummVM. So it makes no sense to package them, not even for
developers, because if you aren't able to compile them with a few
keystrokes, you can't make use of them anyway.