[Scummvm-devel] The Dig, FT: maxHeapThreshold

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Wed May 11 13:59:14 CEST 2005

"LavosSpawn" <lavosspawn at scummvm.org> writes:

> I noticed on the PS2 that the _maxHeapThreshold for V7 games is
> apparently too low for The Dig and FT, which makes the games reload
> some files for every single frame, thereby causing severe slowdowns.
>
> currently the value is fixed to 2500000 bytes, apparently.
> I'd simply raise it to 6 MB (it's what BS1+2 also use as memory limit
> for resource data)
> Fingolfin is fine with it.
>
> Does any porter have objections?
> The Palm port seems to define its own limits for this value already...

Seems fine to me.  DC also has thrashing in these games, so it's clear
the threshold is still to low.  Can't say 100% sure that 6M will fit
(the DC has 16M in total, and there is some memory used for sound
buffers and stuff, plus the code size is rather large), but it sounds
reasonable that it would.

  // Marcus