[Scummvm-devel] Simon the Sorcerer appears to leak all it's audio ram

Neil Millstone neil at millstone.demon.co.uk
Mon Jun 4 01:58:36 CEST 2007

Hi,

My apologies.  It seems this is something I broke somehow, since after
reverting some of the files, it now works fine!

Except for one thing: I put in some guards to prevent some of the huge
speech samples that Simon 1 uses from crashing the game.  I made it so
that the sound doesn't play if the malloc() call fails to allocate
memory.  This doesn't seem to have been retained now that the code has
been reorganised, so I will need to put something similar in again.

Eventually I think we should consider streaming these sounds rather than
that's 900Kb!

Of course, when OGG or MP3 is in use, the sounds are streamed from disk
and this issue goes away.

Sorry for the earlier incorrect email,

- Neil