[Scummvm-devel] PlayStation2 AudioCD

sunmax at libero.it sunmax at libero.it
Sat Jul 12 17:33:21 CEST 2008

Hi there!

> > Sounds good to me. Might make me try to buy a used PS2, actually
> >  ( andI don't like modchips ;).
>
> Except, unless the first Max in this discussion has discovered
> something new, there is no such method. You don't need a modchip to
> boot ScummVM, you can do it with a few well placed files on a memory
> card. But there is no known way of burning any kind of optical medium
> and have it boot on PS2.

To be honest I never tried myself. But there was this link to
a russian thread in uLE or one of this launch app for modded
PS2, and it provided instructions on how to record an "Audio CD"
(note, -not- a data CD) that would fool the PS2 and execute
an elf out of it. I cannot find it anymore, but I copied and
pasted all the instructions.

> If there is, I'm not alone in being very interested in how.

I will give it a shot during the week-end, or at latest on
Thursday next week. If it works as they claim, I will give
a step by step guide on howto do it.

My dream would be to have this special CD + some classical
ScummVM demos bundled ready for people to download and try.

My main concern is: are we breaking any laws by doing this?

Thanks for your interest in PS2 ScummVM backend!

Ciao!
 -max