[Scummvm-devel] PlayStation2 AudioCD

John Willis John.Willis at Distant-earth.com
Sat Jul 12 18:37:52 CEST 2008

Hi,

>My dream would be to have this special CD + some classical
>ScummVM demos bundled ready for people to download and try.
>
>My main concern is: are we breaking any laws by doing this?

While I can't say I have ever seen this PS2 ELF boot method working (I have
however heard of it) I find it hard to see any legal implications doing it.

ScummVM has been released for the Dreamcast as a premade CD image with demos
for quite such time (and the image layout mimics the layout of the
proprietary GDROM IIRC) and there are also public 'write and play' Dreamcast
images of ScummVM bundled with Beneath a Steel Sky and FOTAQ.

As long as the licences of the content are respected I can't see a writing
method being a source of problems (note that I am not a lawyer of course
;-)).

I think if it works it is a wonderful idea.

John