[Scummvm-devel] Global menu save/load dialogs

Filippos K philipk79 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 11 10:36:28 CET 2008

> Is Lure of the Temptress limited to a single saved game? wouldn't always
> requesting a name, when loading or saving a saved game, allow many more
> slots (999)? similar to Elvira 1 in the AGOS engine.

Lure of the Temptress supports up to 10 games if I'm not mistaken

> Another issue, is the strings used for load/save/option dialogs in
> non-English versions of each game. The original interface of games,
> usually offers the strings of load/save/options dialogs in the current
> language of the game. But our custom GUI, always uses the English
> language for strings of load/save/options dialogs.

That is an issue indeed, but it's part of another task, namely adding international
language support to all ScummVM menus. There is a relevant patch for this, though
it seems noone has worked on it lately:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1739965&group_id=37116&atid=418822

If such internationalization (is that a word?) is achieved, we could use the
appropriate non-English strings for the target language of each game version
(e.g. if a game's language is German, we could use the German strings of
the GMM). Alternatively, we could ask the engine itself to provide such strings,
though I don't know if this would make things more complicated...

Regards
Filippos