[Scummvm-devel] Draci History translation

Robert Špalek rspalek at gmail.com
Mon May 31 21:28:37 CEST 2010

hi Hubert,

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 2:16 PM, Hubert Maier <raziel_nosgoth at web.de> wrote:

> some days ago (four to be precise) i sent out an eMail to Robert inquiring
> about
> a german translation of Draci History.

sorry for the delay.  I was vacationing on Hawai'i for 9 days, intentionally
not accessing Internet too much :-)

I cannot find your e-mail now.  I remember seeing it on my phone, but it's
nowhere to be found now.  maybe I pressed a wrong button by mistake...
 could you re-send it, please?

I would do it, but obviously i'd need his help (compiling a working version)
> be able to betatest the translation and iron out some
> mis(spelling/translation)behaviours.

I'd love to help you in any way.  the game compiler is an MS-DOS
application.  I don't intend to port it, because it works fairly well and
the hassle of running it inside a Windows box is too little in comparison
with the effort one would have to do to port in from Borland Pascal / MS-DOS
into newer systems.

I can help you with setting it up, including compiling the binaries for you.
 the sources are already up for download on the game web-page, but may
require a bit of experimentation.

Is anyone in contact with him or know if he is just busy with real life
> nowadays?
>
> I'd also do a spelling check and maybe some rephrasing of the english
> version
> (although it's not my mother tongue some thing even caught MY eye) :-)

this is definitely in total need to be done.  I'd appreciate your help very
much and give you proper credit on the game web-page :-)  anyone speaking
English (including me) could do it without much effort, just by spending the
needed time.  however, I feel that my energy can better be used elsewhere
and that's why I haven't done so.

by the way, there is another person interested in making a German
translation, whom I exchanged a few e-mails with.  I don't know what his
intention and progress status is, but to avoid possible effort duplication,
let me forward you the whole e-mail thread with him, so you can decide
whether to contact him.

take care,
--
Robert Špalek <rspalek at gmail.com>