[Scummvm-devel] Windows console

Michael du Breuil wicked.shell.scripts at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 23:44:59 CEST 2010

On 10/26/2010 05:18 PM, Max Horn wrote:
> Am 26.10.2010 um 19:34 schrieb Michael du Breuil:
>

>> I can't post to the wiki, so replying here.. Sorry if that's wrong...
>> Anyways.
>>
>> Why not have the user choose when running the windows installer?
>>
> Hu? This would be just one of many ScummVM config settings. Why should we show that in the installer? Should we then also show the scaler, MIDI device etc. settings in the installer? Is it normal for Windows apps to ask the user for such settings in the installer? (I recently installed a lot of stuff on a windows machine and never saw this, but maybe that's due to the selection of software I installed).

Well it's been a while but a far number of tools I've used before when
installing them (say OOo or Firefox) have a default install radio button
and below that a custom one that allows you to change things at install
time. While usually this is related to what libraries to install, I have
seen it used for such options Thus it's a one click to move past it, or not.

As long as it doesn't go the dosbox approach with 2 different menu
entries/launchers, one for console, one for no console I think we're
fine... (ie: http://img693.imageshack.us/i/006.png/)

WickedShell