[Scummvm-devel] Fully localisation of the GUI

Ben Castricum scummvm at bencastricum.nl
Wed Nov 12 20:34:16 CET 2014

So currently the technical limitations for localised language names /
game titles is that they should fit Latin-1. Which isn't that bad, 14 of
the 20 languages ScummVM currently supports use charset iso-8859-1.
Since it causes no regression to the non latin-1 languages (they just
can't use the feature to the full extent is was meant to be) this may
not be such a bad thing.

Any thoughts on where/how to merge 2 (or 3 if we want to have language
names in a separate file as well) .po files for the same language when
creating the translations.dat file?

Ben