[Scummvm-tracker] [ScummVM] #10371: MACOSX: System cursor always visible when in fullscreen mode.
trac at scummvm.org
Thu Dec 21 13:36:50 CET 2017
#10371: MACOSX: System cursor always visible when in fullscreen mode.
Reporter: macca8 | Owner: macca8
Type: defect | Status: pending
Priority: normal | Component: Ports
Resolution: worksforme | Keywords:
Comment (by macca8):
Thanks for your response csnover.
I’ve performed some tests and identified the following:
- the issue is triggered when the Launcher is set to fullscreen mode, and
then only in certain scenarios.
- the game screen cursor (including associated in-game items, such as the
GMM) is independent of the Launcher cursor, as far as applying a manual
fix is concerned… each must be fixed separately.
- the issue doesn’t occur in the 32-bit stable release when run on OS X
10.11.6 (or 10.6.8)… am I correct in assuming that the 32-bit release is
made with SDL1 & the 64-bit release with SDL2?
These scenarios reproduce the issue:
- launching a game that is set to be displayed in fullscreen mode (either
a new or saved game) from a fullscreen Launcher… this attaches the system
cursor to all cursors used in the game screen (game & ScummVM).
- returning to a fullscreen Launcher from a game displayed in fullscreen
mode… this attaches the system cursor to the Launcher’s cursor.
- returning to a fullscreen Launcher from a game displayed in windowed
mode… this attaches the system cursor to the Launcher’s cursor (note that
if no action has occurred since the game was loaded, then the issue may
The following options are used (otherwise standard defaults):
- Global options: Graphics mode is <default>.
- Global options: Fullscreen is enabled.
- Game options (1st & 2nd scenarios): use global graphics.
- Game options (3rd scenario only): override global graphics, but use
game’s default settings.
As for handling the issue, your suggestion to use Cmd+Tab & Ctrl+m both
removed the system cursor (except Ctrl+m which failed in the Launcher,
presumably because the Launcher occupies the full screen), but only for as
long as no switch is made between the Launcher and the game.
I also found that using Alt+Enter (technically, Alt+return on my keyboard)
to switch to windowed mode, then back to fullscreen mode, also worked,
with the same caveat.
Still, a better result is to actually prevent the issue in the first
place. Assuming that you still can’t reproduce the issue, either of the
following methods can avoid the issue:
- always leave fullscreen disabled in the Global Options, or
- launch the game directly from the dock & quit from in-game (avoiding the
As far as my setup is concerned, I have a 2008 Intel Core 2 Duo iMac, with
ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro graphics, running OS X 10.6.8 & 10.11.6 on separate
Ticket URL: <https://bugs.scummvm.org/ticket/10371#comment:2>
More information about the Scummvm-tracker